PART-TIME STAFF NURSE POSITION AVAILABLE
Looking to use your nursing skills in a vibrant, ministry-minded setting? Alternatives is looking to hire a part-time Registered Nurse who is passionate about providing evidence-based, biblically grounded nursing care in the areas of early pregnancy and sexual health. Nurses at Alternatives function within standing orders of our Medical Directors to provide physical, educational, emotional, and spiritual support to our patients. If you or someone you know is interested in learning more, please see the information below and request an application from Katie Kirgiss at email@example.com.
The Staff Nurse maintains professional standards of care in accordance with the rules and regulations of the California State Board of Nursing. The Staff Nurse works in conjunction with other staff and volunteers to assure that patients are receiving the best medical, nursing, and psychosocial care possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities function within the organization’s policies and the Medical Director’s standing orders. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs urine pregnancy tests and STI specimen collection/treatment under the standing orders of physician. Limited OB ultrasound training may be available and will require training, competency, and performance under the physician’s standing orders.
• Holds a current Registered Nurse’s License in good standing with the California Board of Nursing. Has current CPR certification. Will carry own medical liability insurance.
• Provides holistic nursing care that addresses physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual needs to patient through active listening, conversation, and education.
• Has a sincere desire to reach out to abortion-vulnerable and abortion-minded women. Reinforces the humanity of the preborn child with the patient. Maintains a consistent life-affirming philosophy and would never refer or advise a woman to have an abortion. (When a situation arises where a woman’s life is at risk, the Alternatives Pregnancy Care Clinic advocates taking measures to preserve her life, hoping that the woman and her child can both be saved).
• Completes necessary paper and electronic forms and ensures they are appropriately placed in patient files.
• Assists with back office clinical operations as assigned.
• Is dependable, stable, and capable of following through on commitments.
• Participates in daily prayer and devotions with the team. Prays for personnel, the needs of the ministry, and for the advancement of the mission.
There are no other job opportunities at this time. Please see our volunteer page for other ways to get involved.